For comfort, convenience and security, there's Amaroo Hostel. Located within spacious grounds on Davis Street, right near the Berrigan War Memorial Hospital, Amaroo Hostel offers 30 beds, 7 of which are in our Memory Support Unit and offer the best in care.
Offering the warmth of home, each room has its own ensuite and modern furniture, as well as direct access to a garden or terrace. For quiet time - or quality time with other residents, family and friends - there are three spacious lounge rooms, a activities room and sunny Library.
And, just a short walk away, discover the town's bustling shopping and sporting facilities.
Our friendly, professional staff are always on hand to help residents with their daily needs, including:
- Three nutritious meals, plus morning and afternoon tea
- Laundry and room cleaning
- Bathing, dressing and grooming
- Treating health problems
- Making phone calls, writing letters and reading
- Craft, music and social activities
- 24-hour emergency call systems
- As a guide, our weekly fee is approximately 85% of the aged pension, and will be explained upon application.
Becoming An Amaroo Resident
The first step towards becoming an Amaroo resident is to have your doctor arrange an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Your eligibility will then be further assessed based on your needs and will take into account:
- Your health
- Your social needs and circumstances
- Your current housing situation
- Your family and other available support
We offer our 28 permanent and two respite places to those who will benefit most, rather than "first come, first served". We also aim to firstly provide our services to those within the local community - residents within Berrigan and district and their immediate family.
Come for a visit
To discover more about Amaroo, why not stop by for a visit - you're welcome any time. For a personalised tour, please call in advance to make an appointment.
Mrs Andrea O'Neill
0412 588 905